- Holy trinity is dead. No dedicated healers or focused tanks based on combat mechanics.
- Combat model: visceral, active movement orientated gameplay.
- Everyone is responsible for their own safety, and part of the action.
- There is no threat meter/agro/taunting.
- Utility classes will be rewarded for their efforts
- NPC's will figure out your tactics and react. You're gonna want some friends to play with you.
- There is no artificial limitation to the number of classes/abilities you can collect.
- 8 combined abilities. Kind of like choosing your 8 spells in EQ1
- The ownage we saw in the gameplay footage isn't going to be the norm. Those were highly advanced characters.
- There will be a variety of pets. Some permanent and some temporary. Pet AI much smarter in this game
- Newly added weapons also give the game more abilities.
- Lots of abilities don't require a target. Swing a long sword, hit anything in its way
- 4 weapon abilities and 4 character abilities.
- highly customizable. i.e want to kill casters? Multiclass a rogue with a wizard and use Invisibility, backstab, manaburn, spell reflect
- Every time a new class is added to the game we get new abilities that change the strategies used. Keep things fresh.
- Name your custom classes.
- Character abilities are pick and choose. Not weapon abilities
- Customize your class. Choose abilities from any of the classes you possess.
- Play one class, advance another. Don't have to be playing the class you want to work on.
- Collect multiple classes, advance each one. Swap classes outside of combat
- Character abilities: movement, offensive, defensive & utilities. Abilities based on class
Blademaster: 4 offensive abilities
Rogue: 2 offensive 2 utility
Wizard: 2 movement 1 defense 1 offense
Tempest: 2 movement 1 offense 1 utility
- Classes that use the same weapons have different animations so you can tell what class somebody is by watching them move
- Your weapons determine your 4 abilities.
- No weapon swapping during combat
- Class determines your armor/weapon options
- Warrior animations inspired by the Incredible Hulk.
- Warrior destructive and strong. Leap, whirlwind, shield bash.
Sunday, August 4, 2013
Another list of stuff announced at SOELive source from reddit: